* Q-Do you come out just to clip nails?
* Q- What is included in a grooming?
A- Every bath also includes ear cleansing and nail clipping. Every grooming includes a bath, haircut, ear cleansing and nail clipping.(check out our packages to upgrade for additional services.)
* Q- Do you do flea dips?
A- No, we do not do flea dips. We offer an all natural flea shampoo which your dog will soak in to kill the fleas. This is not an end all solution if you have a serious flea problem, but it will temporarily relieve your dog of the fleas on its body. In more severe cases we will use Capstar to kill the fleas, which is a safe oral medication that will kill the fleas within 30 mins of ingestion.
* Q- Do you clean teeth?
A- We offer a tooth foam if your pet suffers from stinky breath. This is helpful for breaking down plaque and temporarily relieving that stinky breath, but is not a replacement for the regular cleaning your pet may need from a veterinarian.
* Q- Do you groom cats?
A- Yes, we do groom cats.
* Q- Is it safe to shave a smooth coated dog?
(ex. Labrador, Jack Russell, Doberman, etc.)
A- Yes, it is safe to shave the smooth coated breeds. The main thing you need to keep in mind is because their coat is already short they must be cut short in order for the haircut to come out even. If you don’t want to shave these breeds, ask us about our de-shedding options.
* Q- Are you certified?
A- Yes, we are certified pet groomers. Our certifications are displayed in the ‘about me’ section of this site.
*Q- Why is grooming so important for my pet?
A- Grooming is an important part of caring for any pet. Regular bathing can help prevent skin issues, it also helps keep everything your pet comes in contact with cleaner such as your furniture etc. Long coated pets require more frequent grooming to prevent mats as well as tidying up the hair around the face, feet and sanitary area that always seems to grow so quickly.
* Q- How long does a normal grooming take?
A- On average one groom will take us between an hour to an hour and a half. The time it takes to groom your pet depends on their size, condition of the coat, and the kind of haircut or grooming procedure you desire.
* Q- What kind of Shampoo do you use?
A- We use all natural shampoo on every dog, unless you have a shampoo you prefer we use that you provide such as a medicated shampoo prescribed by your vet etc.
* Q- What services do you offer for pets with skin allergies?
A- We use only high quality all natural shampoos and we do have some soothing and moisturizing shampoos for pets with itchy and/or flaky skin. We always recommend that you consult your veterinarian if your pet is experiencing serious issues with their skin because they will be able to provide you with the best solution.
* Q- Do you clean and sanitize your truck?
A- Yes, we wipe down all affected areas after each grooming as well as vacuuming up hair. We clean and sanitize all grooming tools after each groom, and we do a thorough cleaning at the end of each day. All of our cleaning products are also all natural.
- We do our utmost to create a stress-free grooming experience for you and your dog. Your pet’s safety and comfort are our first priorities; therefore, we will not perform any grooming procedures that cause excessive pain or stress for your dog. Please advise us of any pre-existing conditions including, but not limited too, medical, physical, emotional, or behavior issues prior to your appointment.
- Pricing varies and is based on breed, size, services requested, and condition of your dog’s coat. Additional charges may apply for de-matting, de-shedding, and flea treatments. All quotes and estimates are not final until the end of the grooming appointment.
- If your dog is severely matted, we will shave your dog to a short haircut to remove the matting. Please note that a matted coat can cause health conditions including itching, irritation, and skin infections. Shaving a severely matted coat includes several risks including nicks, cuts or abrasions due to warts, moles and skin folds hidden by the mats. Additional charges may apply if time beyond the standard appointment is required to remove mats. We do offer de-matting services, which start at $1.00 per minute.
Dogs that have fleas will be required to get a flea bath to prevent a flea infestation in the grooming area. An additional charge of $10 will apply for all flea baths. If your pet has a severe case of fleas, we will give your dog a CAPSTAR pill, and charge an additional $10 for pill administration. CAPSTAR pills are extremely safe for pets, and they begin killing fleas within 30 minutes. You can find more information on CAPSTAR atwww.capstar.novartis.us.
- We will not groom any dog that does not have a current rabies shot.
- We know your time is valuable, and we will do our utmost to be on time for your scheduled appointment; however, from time to time situations may arise that disrupt our schedule. We will call to advise you of any schedule disruptions beyond our control. Please plan to be available 30 minutes prior to and 30 minutes after your scheduled appointment time on a normal basis.
CANCELLATION POLICY: WE REQUIRE A 48-HOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION. WE SCHEDULE OUR WORK BASED ON A DAILY ROUTE AND TIME RESERVED FOR EACH CLIENT. FAILURE TO CALL 48-HOURS IN ADVANCE MAY RESULT IN A CHARGE OF $25 THAT MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO YOUR NEXT GROOMING APPOINTMENT. IF MORE THAN THREE CANCELLATIONS OCCUR, WE WILL REQUIRE THAT PAYMENT IN FULL BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT.